Lay out seven days worth of clothing on your bed. Take these items from your closet and/chest of drawers.
This includes pieces that you wear to:
- Casual wear clothing that you might wear to food shop
- Sports gear
- Party outfits.
Next put these items in a separate area in your closet and/in a separate drawer.
Go about your week and wear this selection of clothing.
Each time you change an outfit ask yourself these questions
- Does the item fit well? Is it too tight, too loose, too short, too long…
- Am I self conscious in this outfit?
- Do I feel out of place wearing the clothing?
- Are you wearing that top, bottom, well just because it is what you wear?
- Have you received comments on what you are wearing? An independent eye is always valuable.
Make note, mental or physical on the items that you wore that day. The items that did not make “the cut” are put in an area and at the end of the week —> pay it forward. Give these items of clothing to someone who could use them.
Continue this process for the selected items for that week.
Complete this process for as long as you need to. Each week, lay out seven days worth of outfits. You will eventually come up with a common thread [ no pun intended ]
This could be:
- A color
- A cut- long sleeve, short sleeve, v neck, round neck, jeans, trousers etc
- A style
- A material- cotton, linen, silk etc.
You now have a good foundation for your uniform. Every item should be an article
that you FEEL good , you FEEL yourself —->
Now go forth and create your own uniform! YOU CAN DO THIS 🙂