I have been going live each day for many weeks. During these sessions I have answered many questions that I get about living a Simple Life.
A question was recently posed to me was—–>
How and when did your wardrobe, a.k.a my uniform, become the cohesive whole that we see today?
To answer this question the following transpired:
- I became aware of what I was drawn to while shopping in a brick and mortar store- remember those! I still practice this technique when shopping online.
- I took mental note of the items I tried on and how these items not only looked but how they made me FEEL.
- When I got home I looked at what I purchased and noted similarities – was the item a print, a skirt, purple, a certain style???
- I asked myself “ is this skirt, dress, top worth the money” How much was I willing to pay?
- Will this piece fit into the current wardrobe I have ?
- I looked to see how the item would be cared for? Would it have to be ironed, could I launder it easily or did I have to have it dry cleaned [ $ ]?
- When I did purchase the item; did I actually get use out of it or was it a one wear wonder?
I must stress that this, for me, is an ongoing process. I still ask myself these questions when I make a purchase. Over the years this journey has led me to creating my Simple Life wardrobe.
It takes time but it can be done.
It can be FUN:)